East Baltimore Blue Jay Shuttle Service
JHU Transportation Services provides safe, reliable, efficient transportation. The Blue Jay Shuttle - To & From Campus is a new service that will provide for convenient commuting trips to and from the East Baltimore campus. The Blue Jay Shuttle—To & From Campus is a free shuttle service available to all Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins University staff, faculty members, residents, postdoctoral fellows, students, and visiting Johns Hopkins Medicine affiliates—to and from their residences and the campuses within the service area.
The Blue Jay Shuttle commenced on August 1, 2022
The Blue Jay Shuttle operates in an area proximate to the East Baltimore campus every day from 5:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
An interactive map is available on Transloc during operating hours. At other times, click here to view an interactive Google map and check whether your residence falls within the approximate service area. Note: this map is an approximation, for locations at the margin of the map, please email email@example.com for verification.
Here are some key benefits of the new shuttle service:
- Receive real-time shuttle tracking information during your ride via the TransLoc app, providing on-demand microtransit technology.
- From request, be picked up in ten minutes on average, with a goal of 15 minutes maximum.
- From pick up, be transported in twelve minutes on average, with a goal of 25 minutes maximum.
- During rush hours, 8:00-9:00am and 5:30-6:30pm, expect both wait and ride times to be near or occasionally over the maximum.
- Access an unlimited number of rides per month.
- Travel in clean, safe, reliable and well-maintained vehicles.
- Speak to a dispatcher or supervisor, if needed, during operating hours.
- Easily report issues, such as lost items or service concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.