Homewood Transportation Services provides several services to faculty, staff and students. These include daytime services which connect the various Johns Hopkins properties across Baltimore, and evening services which provide safe transportation around the Homewood Campus and vicinity.
Daytime Bus and Shuttle Service
Using a combination of transit buses and shuttle vans, seven routes connect the Homewood Campus with the following Johns Hopkins properties: the Carey Business School, FastForwardU, JHU at Eastern, JHU at Keswick, JHU at Mount Washington, JHU-MICA Film Centre, Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, the Peabody Institute, R. House, and Stieff Silver.
- Homewood - Peabody - JHMI Shuttle: [ Map / Schedule ]
- Keswick - Homewood - Eastern - JHMI Shuttle: [ Map / Schedule ]
- Homewood - Mt. Washington Express Shuttle: [ Map / Schedule ]
- Remington Shuttle: [ Map / Schedule ]
- Ellerslie - Homewood Contractor Shuttle: [ Map / Schedule ]
- MSE Library - JHU-MICA Film Centre / CVA Shuttle: [ Map / Schedule -- Fall 2021 (Aug30-Dec17) ] ** UPDATED DECEMBER 2nd TO INCLUDE EXAM WEEK SCHEDULE **
- Homewood - Carey Business School Express Shuttle: [ Map / Schedule -- Fall 2021 (Aug19-Dec22) ]
NOTE: for shuttles and buses which originate from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute aside from the above referenced Homewood-Peabody-JHMI route, please see https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/security_parking_transportation/transportation/.
Evening Blue Jay Shuttle Service
The Blue Jay Shuttle Night Ride services operates in an area proximate to the Homewood Campus from 6:00pm to 2:00am nightly, seven days per week, excluding University holidays and other dates as determined by the University. The service also operates at the Peabody Institute from 6:00pm until 2:00am during the Fall and Spring academic terms. Shuttles are equipped with TransLoc, a GPS-based real-time transit information system available online or through a mobile device. To make ride requests and to track the vans, go to http://ondemand.transloc.com on either a computer or a smartphone. TransLoc’s free app is available at https://transloc.com/app/.
Night Ride shuttles will wait as long as three minutes upon arrival at the designated pickup location for your ride. Passengers are expected to carry all personal items, backpacks, grocery bags, etc. on and off the shuttle in one trip so as not to delay the shuttle. Detailed information about the service area is available at the above links.
Information Regarding Inclement Weather
In the case of severe weather conditions, bus and shuttle service may be temporarily suspended as circumstances warrant but shall be resumed thereafter as soon as reasonably possible. Our plan for University closures and delayed openings may be found here. Notifications will be kept up to date on http://jhu.transloc.com, http://ts.jhu.edu/, and www.facebook.com/jhutransportation.
Additional questions, comments, or concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accessible Services
- Charm City Circulator's Purple Route connects the Homewood Campus to the Inner Harbor area.
- Need to get to another College or University in town, or to the Towson area? Try the Baltimore Collegetown Shuttle.
- Looking for buses home to the Delaware / New Jersey / NYC / Long Island area for weekends or holidays? Look at College Coach Bus.
- Planning a group trip and looking for a bus or van to transport you? Please see our custom transportation options.