Homewood Transportation Services provides several services to faculty, staff and students. These include daytime services which connect the various Johns Hopkins properties across Baltimore, and evening services which provide safe transportation around the Homewood Campus and vicinity.
Daytime Bus and Shuttle Service
Using a combination of buses and vans, six routes connect the Homewood Campus with the following Johns Hopkins properties: the Carey Business School, FastForwardU, JHU at Eastern, JHU at Keswick, JHU at Mount Washington, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, the Peabody Institute, R. House, and Stieff Silver.
- Homewood - Peabody - JHMI Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
- Homewood - Bayview Express Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
- Carey Business School Shuttle: [Map and Schedule (August 13th - December 23rd, 2019)]
- Remington Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
- Homewood - Mt. Washington Express Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
NOTE: for shuttles and buses which originate from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute aside from the above referenced Homewood-Peabody-JHMI route, please see https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/security_parking_transportation/transportation/.
Evening Blue Jay Shuttle Service
- Blue Jay Shuttle Homewood Route: [Map and Schedule]
- Brody Shuffle: Brody Shuffle departs Brody Learning Commons at 5:40pm, and every 10-20 minutes (at :10, :20, :40, and :50 past each hour) thereafter. Starting at midnight, it departs every 15 minutes (at :00, :15, :30, and :45 past each hour) with the last departure for the evening occurring at 3:30am. Boarding passengers notify the driver of their destination, and the driver will determine an efficient order for drop-offs.
- Night Ride: [Homewood Info] | [Peabody Institute Info] | [Smartphone App] | [Web Interface]
The Blue Jay Shuttle service operates on a combination of request-only Night Ride and ride-anytime fixed-routes in an area proximate to the Homewood campus from 5:30pm to 3:45am nightly, seven days per week, excluding University holidays and other dates as determined by the University. The service also operates at the Peabody Institute from 6:00pm until 3:45am. Shuttles are equipped with TransLoc, a GPS-based real-time transit information system available online or through a mobile device. To view the Blue Jay Shuttle routes and to track the vans, go to http://jhu.transloc.com on either a computer or a smartphone. TransLoc’s free app is available at https://transloc.com/app/.
The Homewood route includes marked “flag stops” – safe passenger loading zones – at selected university-owned buildings, off-campus residence halls and commercial/retail locations. Passengers must be at a designated flag stop and use their J-Card to “flag the shuttle” in order to board route vans. Drivers do not deviate from their fixed route except in the case of emergency, but, may drop off at other safe locations along the route upon request. All Johns Hopkins affiliates with a valid J-card can use the Blue Jay Shuttle. Passengers are expected to carry all personal items, backpacks, grocery bags, etc. on and off the shuttle in one trip so as not to delay the shuttle.
After 11:30pm the fixed-route service makes its final departure. The Brody Shuffle continues to depart BLC every ten minutes until midnight, then every quarter-hour from midnight until 3:30am. Passengers notify the driver of their destination and the driver will coordinate drop-offs in an efficient manner. Night Ride continues service until 3:45am. Use the TransLoc app to request a ride or call (410) 516-8700 to request a Night Ride and the dispatcher will provide passenger(s) with an estimated time of arrival.
In the case of severe weather conditions, Blue Jay Shuttle service may be temporarily suspended as circumstances warrant but shall be resumed thereafter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications will be kept up to date on http://jhu.transloc.com, www.ts.jhu.edu, and www.facebook.com/jhutransportation.
- Accessible Services
- Charm City Circulator's Purple Route connects the Homewood Campus to the Inner Harbor area.
- Need to get to another College or University in town, or to the Towson area? Try the Baltimore Collegetown Shuttle.
- Looking for buses home to the Delaware / New Jersey / NYC / Long Island area for weekends or holidays? Look at College Coach Bus.
- Planning a group trip and looking for a bus or van to transport you? Please see our custom transportation options.