Homewood Transportation Services provides several services to faculty, staff and students. These include daytime services which connect the various Johns Hopkins properties across Baltimore, and evening services which provide safe transportation around the Homewood Campus and vicinity.
**Until further notice, all passengers and drivers are required to wear a face covering while on board any JHU vehicles. Effective face coverings include, but are not limited to: masks, bandanas, scarves or any material that fully covers nose and mouth.**
Daytime Bus and Shuttle Service
Using a combination of buses and vans, six routes connect the Homewood Campus with the following Johns Hopkins properties: the Carey Business School, FastForwardU, JHU at Eastern, JHU at Keswick, JHU at Mount Washington, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, the Peabody Institute, R. House, and Stieff Silver.
- Homewood - Peabody - JHMI Shuttle: [Map/Schedule]
- Keswick - Homewood - Eastern - JHMI Shuttle: [Map/Schedule]
- Homewood - Bayview Express Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
- Homewood - Mt. Washington Express Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
- Remington Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
- Carey Business School Shuttle: is not operating at this time. Will resume at a date to be determined.
NOTE: for shuttles and buses which originate from the Johns Hopkins Medical Institute aside from the above referenced Homewood-Peabody-JHMI route, please see https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/security_parking_transportation/transportation/.
Evening Blue Jay Shuttle Service
**Until further notice, Night Ride operating hours are 7pm-2am. Homewood Route and Brody Shuffle services are NOT operating. Normal restrictions on Night Ride pickup requests from Brody Learning Commons and its immediate vicinity are lifted.**
- Blue Jay Shuttle Homewood Route: [Map and Schedule]
- Brody Shuffle: Brody Shuffle departs Brody Learning Commons at 5:40pm, and every 10-20 minutes (at :10, :20, :40, and :50 past each hour) thereafter. Starting at midnight, it departs every 15 minutes (at :00, :15, :30, and :45 past each hour) with the last departure for the evening occurring at 3:30am. Boarding passengers notify the driver of their destination, and the driver will determine an efficient order for drop-offs.
- Night Ride: [Homewood Info] | [Peabody Institute Info] | [Smartphone App] | [Web Interface]
The Blue Jay Shuttle service operates on a combination of request-only Night Ride and ride-anytime fixed-routes in an area proximate to the Homewood campus from 5:30pm to 3:45am nightly, seven days per week, excluding University holidays and other dates as determined by the University. The service also operates at the Peabody Institute from 6:00pm until 3:45am. Shuttles are equipped with TransLoc, a GPS-based real-time transit information system available online or through a mobile device. To view the Blue Jay Shuttle routes and to track the vans, go to http://jhu.transloc.com on either a computer or a smartphone. TransLoc’s free app is available at https://transloc.com/app/.
The Homewood route includes marked “flag stops” – safe passenger loading zones – at selected university-owned buildings, off-campus residence halls and commercial/retail locations. Passengers must be at a designated flag stop and use their J-Card to “flag the shuttle” in order to board route vans. Drivers do not deviate from their fixed route except in the case of emergency, but, may drop off at other safe locations along the route upon request. All Johns Hopkins affiliates with a valid J-card can use the Blue Jay Shuttle. Passengers are expected to carry all personal items, backpacks, grocery bags, etc. on and off the shuttle in one trip so as not to delay the shuttle.
After 11:30pm the fixed-route service makes its final departure. The Brody Shuffle continues to depart BLC every ten minutes until midnight, then every quarter-hour from midnight until 3:30am. Passengers notify the driver of their destination and the driver will coordinate drop-offs in an efficient manner. Night Ride continues service until 3:45am. Use the TransLoc app to request a ride or call (410) 516-8700 to request a Night Ride and the dispatcher will provide passenger(s) with an estimated time of arrival.
Night Ride does not offer pickups from Brody Learning Commons or adjacent locations. Passengers needing rides from these locations should simply board the "Brody Shuffle" service, at one of over 40 departure times between 5:40pm and 3:30am. Visit the Night Ride page for a more complete explanation.
Information Regarding Inclement Weather
In the case of severe weather conditions, bus and shuttle service may be temporarily suspended as circumstances warrant but shall be resumed thereafter as soon as reasonably possible. Our plan for University closures and delayed openings may be found here. Notifications will be kept up to date on http://jhu.transloc.com, http://ts.jhu.edu/, and www.facebook.com/jhutransportation.
Additional questions, comments, or concerns may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accessible Services
- Charm City Circulator's Purple Route connects the Homewood Campus to the Inner Harbor area.
- Need to get to another College or University in town, or to the Towson area? Try the Baltimore Collegetown Shuttle.
- Looking for buses home to the Delaware / New Jersey / NYC / Long Island area for weekends or holidays? Look at College Coach Bus.
- Planning a group trip and looking for a bus or van to transport you? Please see our custom transportation options.