Homewood Transportation Services provides several services to faculty, staff and students. These include daytime services which connect the various Johns Hopkins properties across Baltimore, and evening services which provide safe transportation around the Homewood Campus and vicinity.
Daytime Bus and Shuttle Service
Using a combination of buses and vans, six routes connect the following Johns Hopkins properties: the Carey Business School, FastForwardU, JHU at Eastern, JHU at Keswick, JHU at Mount Washington, Johns Hopkins Bayview, Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus, Johns Hopkins Medical Institute, the Peabody Institute, R. House, and Stieff Silver.
- Homewood - Peabody - JHMI Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
- Homewood - Bayview Express Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
- Carey Business School Shuttle: [Map and Schedule (Jan 22nd - May 16th, 2019)]
- Remington Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
- Homewood - Mt. Washington Express Shuttle: [Map and Schedule]
Evening Blue Jay Shuttle Service
- Blue Jay Shuttle Overview: [Map and Schedule]
- Blue Route: [Map and Schedule]
- Pink Route: [Map and Schedule]
- Brody Shuffle - Brody Shuffle departs Brody Learning Commons every half hour (on the :00 and :30) from 11:30pm until 3:00am. Passengers notify driver of their destination and the driver will determine an efficient order for drop-offs.
- Night Ride: [Info] | [Smartphone App] | [Web Interface]
The Blue Jay Shuttle service operates on a combination of request-only Night Ride and ride-anytime fixed-routes in an area proximate to the Homewood campus from 5:30pm to 3:45am nightly, seven days per week, excluding University holidays and other dates as determined by the University. The fleet of vans departs from Brody Learning Commons – seen as the shuttle’s transportation hub – starting at 5:50pm. The shuttles are equipped with TransLoc, a GPS-based real-time transit information system available online or through a mobile device. To view the Blue Jay Shuttle routes and to track the vans, go to http://jhu.transloc.com on either a computer or a smartphone. TransLoc’s free app is available at www.translocrider.com.
The color-coded routes include marked “flag stops” – safe passenger loading zones – at selected university-owned buildings, off-campus residence halls and commercial/retail locations. Passengers must be at a designated flag stop and use their J-Card to “flag the shuttle” in order to board route vans. Drivers do not deviate from their fixed route except in the case of emergency. All Johns Hopkins affiliates with a valid J-card can use the Blue Jay Shuttle. Passengers are expected to carry all personal items, backpacks, grocery bags, etc. on and off the shuttle in one trip so as not to delay the shuttle.
After 11:30pm the fixed routes cease service. The Brody Shuffle departs BLC every half hour (on the :00 and :30) from 11:30pm until 3:00am. Passengers notify driver of their destination and the driver will coordinate drop-offs in an efficient manner. Night Ride continues service until 3:45am. Use the Transloc app to request a ride or call (410) 516-8700 to request a Night Ride and the dispatcher will provide passenger(s) with an estimated time of arrival.
In the case of severe weather conditions, Blue Jay Shuttle service may be temporarily suspended as circumstances warrant but shall be resumed thereafter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications will be kept up to date on http://jhu.transloc.com, www.ts.jhu.edu, and www.facebook.com/jhutransportation.
- Accessible Services
- Charm City Circulator's Purple Route connects the Homewood Campus to the Inner Harbor area.
- Need to get to the Towson area? Try the Baltimore Collegetown Shuttle.
- Looking for buses home to the Delaware / New Jersey / NYC / Long Island area for weekends or holidays? Look at College Coach Bus.
- Planning a group trip and looking for a bus or van to transport you? Please see our custom transportation options.