Hop Van Rentals
The following groups and departments have access to the van program:
- All student groups registered with the Office of Student Activities
- Office of the Dean of Student Life
- Academic Departments for class trips
Reserving a Hop Van
To reserve a van, students must fill out our online form with all requested information. Confirmation will be received within three working days. All requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
The form requires the following information:
- Date and time requested. Be very specific and make sure to include AM and PM on your times.
- Cost Center and Fund (budget codes). Requests without this information are not honored. If you are not sure of this information, please see the financial administrator or treasurer for your group.
- Your name, local phone number, title or position and email address.
- Driver's name(s), license number(s) and phone number(s). All drivers must be van certified by the Johns Hopkins University prior to making a reservation.
- Your destination and distance from the Homewood Campus.
- Your purpose. Is this a social event, retreat, service project, etc.
Driver Certification Program
Overnight and Long Distance Requests
Because of the increased risk involved in long distance (150 miles or more) and overnight trips, before a reservation can be confirmed, you may need to provide more information than what is requested on our form. This may include a written statement regarding the purpose of your trip, the names and contact information of all persons traveling in the van, contact information for where the group will be staying, etc. Groups should be prepared to use outside sources should the request not be approved.